How to perform this exercise correctly -
* If you want to work out left hand side then you need to place your right knee and right hand on the bench for support.
* Keep the left foot firmly planted on the floor and bend your body waist down till it forms a 90 degree angle with the floor.
* Now grab the dumbbell with your left hand with a neutral grip, Breathe out and pull the weight up till it reaches your rib cage,
* From here breathe in and lower the dumbbell slowly by extending your hand fully.
Important points to keep in mind while performing this exercise -
* Do not swing your body back and forth while performing the movement or else chances of lower back injury are extremely high. So make sure that the weight is in total control and you are not swinging your body back and forth while performing this movement.
* Breathing Pattern –Breath out when you are pulling the weight up because that’s when you are contracting your muscles and breathe in when the weight is going down.
* Do not round your spine and keep your back flat all throughout the movement.
Raghav Pande is New Delhi (India) based Fitness Consultant
He is a Certified Fitness Trainer,Sports Nutritionist and the Winner of “You Tube Next Trainer”