Body Weight Squats is one of the best full body exercise to lose weight and lose fat.
To understand how this exercise helps with fat loss check out detailed video below –
Squats is a simple yet the most effective exercise for weight loss, fat loss and to enhance fitness levels.
Its an effective exercise for fat loss/weight loss because it works on the largest muscle group of the body i.e legs. Legs collectively comprise of quadriceps,glutes,hamstring and calf muscles which help burn maximum amount of calories in the least possible time.
Its also a simple exercise to perform as it does not require any space nor any equipment and you can do this exercise anytime and anywhere.
How to perform this exercise correctly -
* You start this exercise by keeping your chest out,shoulder pulled back and feet shoulder width a part.
* Breathe in,push your hips back and bend your knees till your thigh muscles are parallel to the floor.
* From here breathe out and come back to the starting position.
Important points to keep in mind while performing this exercise -
1) Do no let your knees surpass you toes or else chances of knee injury are high.
2) Breathe in when you squat down and breathe out when you come up.
3) Keep your core tight all throughout the movement.
4) Pls warm up thoroughly before you start this exercise, most of the injuries that happen are primarily because people do not adequately warm up .
Raghav Pande is New Delhi (India) based Fitness Consultant
He is a Certified Fitness Trainer,Sports Nutritionist and the Winner of “You Tube Next Trainer”