Dumbbell Deadlift (video above) is one the multi joint exercise to lose body fat and enhance fitness levels.
The reason why its super effective for fat loss because its metabolically a very taxing exercise and that can help you burn huge amount of calories in a short span of time. Also this is one exercise which helps you to work out your complete body in one single movement. Its an effective exercise for fat loss but it also carries high chances of injury so let me tell you how to perform this exercise correctly –
* You start this exercise by keeping your feet shoulder-width apart,chest out,shoulders pulled back and dumbbells in font of the thighs.
* Slowly bend at hip joint and lower the dumbbells till your upper back is parallel to the floor.
* From here extend your hips, reverse the movement and come back to the starting position.
Important points to keep in mind while performing this exercise –
1) Do not round you spine while performing this movement, keep your back flat and keep looking straight all thought out the movement.
2) Keep the weight or the dumbbell close to your body as that will help you maintain total control of weight while performing the movement.
3) Inhale or breathe in when you are going down and exhale or breath out while you are coming up
4) Most important pls make sure that you perform a thorough warm up for 5 – 10 minutes before you start this exercise , I have seen so many people mess up their shoulder ,lower back just because they did not warm up properly ..its a simple logic man you try and workout a cold muscle and it will snap. So pls ensure that you do a thorough warm up.
Overall it’s a brilliant exercise and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to take their fitness to another level .
Raghav Pande is New Delhi (India) based Fitness Consultant
He is a Certified Fitness Trainer,Sports Nutritionist and the Winner of “You Tube Next Trainer”