Pelvic Lift (video above) is one of the best core exercise to strengthen pelvic floor muscles.
To understand how to perform this exercise correctly check out the instructional video below –
Pelvic Lift is an effective exercise to strengthen pelvic floor muscles .These are the muscles which help support your pelvic floor organs like bladder, uterus( in women) and large intestine .
When these muscles become weak a host of problems can arise for example pre mature ejaculation, difficulty in emptying the bladder fully, difficulty in controlling your urine and that’s is why it is important that you need to strengthen these muscles by exercising regularly.
Pelvic floor muscles can become weak for a number of reasons —
1. They can become weak because of inactivity wherein muscles atrophy and lose strength.
2. They can also become weak because of heavy weight training which could have caused injury to your pelvic floor muscles.
3. They can even become weak because of various neurological diseases.
But if you incorporate Pelvic Lift into your workout on regular basis, it can definitely help strengthen your pelvic floor muscles and improve quality of life.
How to perform pelvic lift correctly –
* You start this exercise by lying in a supine position that means you are lying down on your back with your knees bent.
* Keep your hands to the side and your feet shoulder width a part.
* Now breathe out and raise your hips off the floor by contracting you glute muscle and ab muscles.
* Raise your hips as high as you can till your pelvis forms a bridge.
* Pause here for a second
* Now drop your hips down slowly
* Come back to the starting position
Raghav Pande is New Delhi (India) based Fitness Consultant
He is a Certified Fitness Trainer,Sports Nutritionist and the Winner of “You Tube Next Trainer”