Plank Knee to Elbow (video above) is one the best full body exercise to strengthen and define lower core muscles.
To understand how to perform this exercise correctly check out instructional video below –
To understand how this exercise helps with fat loss check out detailed video below –
Plank Knee to Elbow is brilliant exercise to lose weight,enhance fitness levels and strengthen core simultaneously that means stronger abs,obliques and lower back muscles.
Its an effective exercise to lose weight because its a full body exercise and you are working out all your muscles starting from your hands,shoulder,core and even legs which are involved in balancing the body.
Plank Knee to Elbow is a very effective exercise to strengthen core muscle because core is constantly involved in maintaining the plank push position which helps strengthen abs,obliques,lower back muscles and when you are pulling your knee towards the elbow it also helps exercise the lower ab muscles.
How to perform this exercise correctly-
* You start this exercise by keeping your body weight balanced on your palm and toes.
* Keep your body in a straight line and ab muscles pulled in.
* Breathe out and bring your right leg towards your upper body till you right knee touches the right elbow.
* From here breathe in and bring the leg back to starting position.
Repeat sequence the same sequence with the left leg also.
Important points to keep in mind while performing this exercise –
1) Keep your body in a straight line, do not sag your lower back while performing this exercise
2) As far as the breathing pattern goes you need to breathe out when you are pulling your knee towards the elbow and breathe in when you reverse the movement.
3) Always perform a thorough warm up before you start this exercise.
Once you get the form right then you can perform this exercise at a faster pace also.
Raghav Pande is New Delhi (India) based Fitness Consultant
He is a Certified Fitness Trainer,Sports Nutritionist and the Winner of “You Tube Next Trainer”