200 Reps Push Up Workout
One of the best exercises that you can do anytime and anywhere is a Push Up. Push up is a complete body exercise which helps you build upper body strength, increase core stability. If done on regular basis push ups is also a great exercise to burn fat and can help you get a lean symmetrical body that you always wanted.
Push ups is so effective purely because with just one rep you workout your complete body. When you are performing a push up you are using all the muscles of your upper body like shoulder, chest, back, bicep and triceps also not to forget muscles like your abs ,obliques,lower back and legs which help in stabilizing the body while doing a push up. Overall push up is a great exercise for body sculpting and should be incorporated in every exercise plan.
In this workout plan your target is to complete 200 push ups by using different forms of push ups.
You need to complete 200 push ups in 4 sets of 50 reps which will help you build strength, increase endurance and burn lots of calories.
Every set (50 Reps) consists of 5 different variations of push ups and every push up variation has to be performed for 10 reps. You to move from one variation to another without giving any rest till you complete one set ( 50 Reps)…….after completing the first set rest for 3 -4 minutes and then repeat the same sequence 3 more times till you complete 200 Push Ups.
This workout is very effective and can be on every alternate days….although make sure that you thoroughly warm up before you start this workout plan.
Following are the push ups variations that I will be performing in this workout plan -
1. Regular Push Ups- Push Up is great exercise to build strength, endurance and increase overall fitness. Regular push ups is a excellent exercise to burn calories and helps in toning all upper body muscles like chest,back,shoulder,bicep and triceps.
2. Close Grip Medicine Ball Push Up-This push up is performed on the medicine ball and is slightly more difficult than the regular push ups. Like regular push up it works out all muscles of your upper body with major emphasis on shoulder and triceps, it is a great exercise to increase shoulder stability and build triceps size.
3. Plank Push Ups -This is an interesting variation to the regular push ups and as the name suggests it is a combination of regular plank and push up. This exercise is a complete value for your time as with plank you strengthen your abs, obliques, lower back muscles and with push up you strengthen your chest,tricep,shoulder,bicep and back. Overall it’s a great exercise for fat burn.
4. Push Up and One Arm Raise — This is a slightly difficult variation of push up and you need a lot of shoulder and arm strength to perform this variation of push ups. This is a great exercise to increase balance and build iso metric strength as you are constantly holding onto entire body weight on one hand.
5. Push and Side Plank-This exercise is a combination of two exercises which are push up and side plank. In this exercise you start by doing a push up and then you rotate into a side plank, the fact that you are holding your body weight on one hand helps to build strength and rotating the body really fires your oblique’s even your legs which helps in increasing stability. This is an excellent as it challenges every muscle of your body from head to toe with major emphasis on your external and internal obliques. Overall excellent exercise to build strength and stability.
Push Up Workout Plan ( 50 Reps per set)
1. Push ups X 10 reps.
2. Close Grip Push ups X 10 Reps
3. Plank Push Ups X 10 Reps
4. Push Up and one arm raise X 10 Reps
5. Push and Side Plank X 10 Reps
Raghav Pande is New Delhi (India) based Fitness Consultant
He is a Certified Fitness Trainer,Sports Nutritionist and the Winner of “You Tube Next Trainer”