Barbell Squats (video above) is one the best free weight exercise to develop and define leg muscles.
To understand in detail how Barbell Squats is an effective exercise for weight loss and fat loss click on the video (below) -
Legs is a powerful muscle group and if your goal is to lose body fat,look athletic,enhance fitness levels then nothing beats Barbell Squats. Barbell squats is tough,gruesome but totally worth your time and effort .
How to perform this exercise correctly –
* You start this exercise by keeping the chest out,core tight and feet shoulder width a part.
* Bring your shoulder blades back,squeeze the traps and off load the barbell from the rack.
* During this whole process the barbell should be placed on top of the traps and not your neck.
* Now breathe in, push your hips back and slowly lower the body till your leg muscle are muscles are parallel to the floor.
* From here push from your heels,breathe out and come back to the starting position.
Important points to keep in mind while performing this exercise –
1. Inhale when you squat down and exhale when you push the weight up.
2. When you squat down, do not let knees surpass the toes as it puts undue pressure on knee joint thereby increasing chances of injury.
3. Place the barbell on the traps and not your neck, you can easily achieve this position by squeezing your traps and pulling your shoulder blades back.
Raghav Pande is an India based Fitness Consultant
He is a Certified Fitness Trainer,Sports Nutritionist and the Winner of “You Tube Next Trainer”