Legs is the largest muscle group in the body,working out legs on regular basis can help you burn a lot of calories and lose body fat.
Legs is the largest muscle group of the body, it collectively consists of muscles like quadriceps, glutes, calf and hamstring which are extremely powerful muscles to enhance fitness levels.
Working out legs is also a good idea from a fat loss perspective as they also help burn huge amount of calories, combined with healthy diet regular leg workout can help reduce significant amount of body fat.
Following are the exercises in this workout plan, for exact reps and sets check out the (video above) –
1. Jump Squats – Tough but an an extremely effective exercise to burn calories and increase speed,agility and reflexes. If you are a beginner then try and do jump and squats separately (easier version), only once you get both forms right then combine both jump and squats together (advanced form). Either ways both versions are effective for fat loss.
2. Lunge ad Kick – Another effective exercises to burn calories and enhance fitness level. Considering that you have keep balancing on leg ( mostly ) all through out the movement its also a very effective exercise to increase balance and stability .
3. Dumbbell Squats – One of my best exercise to enhance strength levels and lose body fat. If you are a beginner start with lighter weights and slowly and gradually increase the weight over a period of time.
4. Plie Squats – Super effective exercise to workout the inner part of thighs and also work on glute muscles . Try and use heavier dumbbell here as that will make the exercise more effective.
5. Lunges with Dumbbell – Nothing shapes up your glutes than lunges. Lunges hit both hamstring and glutes which both help in giving that nice round shape to your ass. Don’t miss it 🙂
6. Overhead Squats – Tough exercise to perform and its only with practice that you will get the form correct . For more power and strength i prefer overhead squats with barbell but if my emphasis is core then i will switch back to dumbbell from time to time . Overall both are super effective to fat loss.
Raghav Pande is New Delhi (India) based Fitness Consultant
He is a Certified Fitness Trainer,Sports Nutritionist and the Winner of “You Tube Next Trainer”
Leave a Reply