Super Pull Up Workout
Pull ups are a great way to sculpt your body, improve posture and can be performed anywhere without using any expensive equipment.
In this video I have performed four variations of pull ups which will attack your back muscles from every angle possible-
1. Close Grip Pull Ups- Is a great compound exercise and I am gonna perform this exercise by keeping my hands close to one another. This variation is the easiest to perform and helps burn a lot of calories as it works out the entire muscles of the upper body with major emphasis on rhomboids, lower back, forearm and the biceps. While performing pull ups do not swing your body back and forth and focus on keeping your body straight, also ensure that you complete a full range of motion i.e. you go all the way up and come all the way down. Close Grip pull ups try 3 sets of 8-10 Reps each set.
2. Pull Ups ( Shoulder Width)- I am gonna perfoem this exercise by keeping my hands shoulder width a part .This is a great exercise to gain upper body strength, endurance and build overall back thickness, It also works on the muscle of chest and back which helps you in maintaining a good posture. While doing pull ups breathe out when you go up and breathe in when you come down, proper breathing helps you to contract muscles better and provides more balance and stability. Shoulder Width Pulls ups I am gonna perform 3 sets of 8- 10 reps.
3. Wide Grip Pull Ups -This variation works on the outer most part of the back and if you’re looking to build wider back than nothing comes close to wide grip pull-ups. Although I would be careful of this variation as this puts undue pressure on the shoulder joint and chances of injury are high .Overall it’s a great exercise and this one again I am gonna stick with 3 sets of 8-10 reps.
4. V Pull Ups – breaks the monotony of the regular pull ups,like all other pulls ups this is also a great variation for building overall upper body strength and is definitely one the best variation to get v shaped body that you always wanted. This one again I am gonna stick with 3 sets of 8 -10 Reps.
Points to keep in mind while doing Pull Ups-
• Breathe out when you go up and breathe in when you come down.
• Always do full ranges of motion i.e. go all the way up and come all the way down.
• Do not swing your body back and forth and focus on keeping your body straight throughout the movement.
• Do not perform Pull Ups everyday as muscles need to rest and recover, you should do them max twice a week.
Overall Pull Ups is a great exercise and should be a part of any fitness program.
Raghav Pande is New Delhi (India) based Fitness Consultant
He is a Certified Fitness Trainer,Sports Nutritionist and the Winner of “You Tube Next Trainer”